Rotaract Club of Cairo Royal
| Rotaract Club of Cairo Royal |
|Location||Zamalek, Cairo, Egypt|
|Club Type||Community Based|
|Current President||Laila kenawy|
|Meeting Times||Every Sunday at 8 pm (Ramadan Hours 9 pm.)|
|Club Facebook||Rotaract Club of Cairo Royal|
|Sponsoring Club(s)||Rotary Club of Cairo Royal|
Rotaract Cairo Royal is a service club sponsored by the Rotary Club of Cairo Royal, with club members aging between 18 and 30 years old, the club has always been a notable one in its country, district and region.
- 1 The Club
- 2 Awards
- 3 The Club Avenues of Service
- 4 P.R. and Publications
Rotaract Cairo Royal is a community based club. It was initiated in July 2007 by 7 members and chartered on the 18th of December 2007 with 20 members. The club since then is continuously growing on the national and international levels. The club's meeting place is in a cultural center "Sakiet Abdulmoneim el Sawy" residing on the banks of the Nile in the prestigious district of Zamalek in Cairo. The meetings take place every Sunday at 8:00 pm with an exception to the holy month of Ramadan (9:00 pm)
Rotaract of Cairo Royal is an Egyptian Rotaract Club which belongs to District 2450. District 2450 belongs to Zone 20 and consists of ten countries: Armenia, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Sudan and UAE. As of July 2013, Egypt will form its own District-District 2451.
The club logo is very slick and simple. The Rotaract wheel is in black and club name is written under it in Futura typeface. The word "Royal" stands for: Ro: Rotary Y: Your A: Attitude L: In Life
- President: Laila Kenawy
- Vice President: Bassem El Sawy
- Secretary: Menna Arafa
- Treasurer: Saja Fathy
- Club Service Committee: Aya El Kady
- Community Service Committee: Hoda Elenbaby
- International Understanding Committee: Abdallah Tawfic
- Professional Development Committee: Sarah Allouba
- 2013/2014 "Engage Rotary, Change Lives": Hoda Elenbaby (Incoming President)
- 2012/2013 "Peace Through Service": Laila Kenawy (Current president)
- 2011/2012 "Reach Within to Embrace Humanity": Aya El Kady
- 2010/2011 "Building Communities, Bridging Continents": Amin Waly
- 2009/2010 "The Future of Rotary Is In Your Hands": Sarah Aboulmagd
- 2007/2009 "Rotary Shares"/"Make Dreams Real": Ahmed Nabil (Charter President)
- 2012/2013: Africa's Rotaract outstanding project by Rotary International for their community service project "Tanweer El Heiz". The project's main focus is to install solar panels on the rooftops of the remote village of El Heiz (450 KM from Cairo) to provide them with electricity. The club has installed 32 houses so far and will be proceeding with the project in the next Rotarian year.
- 2011/2012: The Change Maker Award by District 2450
- 2010/2011: Club Service Award by District 2450
- 2009/2010: Mega Project Award by District 2450
The Club Avenues of Service
Tanweer El Heiz: Installing Solar Home Systems in a remote village in Bahareya Oasis, funded by the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives, Pireaus bank, EEAA and the kind contributions of many individuals. Rotaract Club of Cairo Royal, supported by friends, joined hands with locals from el Heiz a remote village in Baharia Oasis, located in the Western Desert of Egypt, to set up Solar Home Systems, providing electricity to more than 35 households. Targeting an improved livelihood while sustaining culture and nature. Rotaractors went to the village and started assembling the panels and structures with enthusiastic support and enthusiasm of the local villagers, while learning about their culture and lifestyle. The project is still ongoing and is foreseen to be completed by the end of April 2013. For updates stay tuned on the project page Tanweer El Heiz our club page.
World Down Syndrome Day: Rotaract Club of Cairo Royal for the first time collaborated with Rotaract Club of Alexandria Cosmopolitan in the celebration of world down syndrome day where they have been doing it for the past 4 years and the first time in Cairo this year.(2012/2013)
Orphanage Renovation: The club in 2010/2011 painted the building for the "La Femme Nouvelle" orphanage, we also renovated the landscape and the green scenery in the orphanage and also renovated the playground with a modern one. All of this was funded by our sponsoring Rotary Club, Rotary Club of Cairo Royal.
In 2011/2012 the club established an I.T. room by donating 7 personal computers to the orphanage to cope with the technological development.
Vocational (Professional) Development
International Understanding and Peace Promotion
Egyptian Trip (Rotaract Like an Egyptian)
In 2012 the club took the initiative of hosting rotaractors from other rotaract clubs all over the world to enjoy the magic of the Egyptian life as part of its 5th anniversary. Rotaractors from Canada,Brazil and Russia were the first to experience Egypt from the locals' point of view. After the great success of the first trip, The club decided to hold this event annually.
District Countries' Celebrations
The club being part of a unique district such as D2450 which has 10 countries from 3 different continents. We made sure to celebrate and spread awareness about our country to the other countries and getting to know more about the other countries' cultures by celebrating each of the 10 countries and sending ambassadorial visits to several countries within the district.
- 2012/2013: Rotaract Club of Nicosia, Aspelia, Cyprus (District 2450)
- 2010/2011: Rotaract Club of H.R.College, Mumbai, India (District 3140)
P.R. and Publications
The club issues a monthly newsletter featuring all the updates and projects the took place. The newsletter can be found on any of the club portals.
Facebook: Rotaract Club of Cairo Royal
Youtube: Rotaract Cairo Royal