2012-2013 Presidential Citation
The Presidential Citation is a distinguished award that is given to Rotaract Clubs who have answered the Rotary International's call to arms. Presidential Citations are issued at the end of the Rotary year. Rotaract clubs interested in receiving a citation must meet the qualifications listed below. Please read the application process below. DO NOT SEND THE APPLICATION DIRECTLY TO RI! Read carefully!
- July 10, 2013 - 2012-2013 Presidential Citation application released
- March 31, 2013 - Last day to turn in completed applications to your Rotary District Governor with the appropriate signatures
- April 15, 2013 - Last day for Rotary District Governors to submit the report to Rotary International for Presidential Citations (application must have been received by March 31st though!)
Applying for the Presidential Citation Application
- Start by downloading the application below.
- Must complete the 2012-13 Presidential Challenge: RI President Sakuji Tanaka challenges Rotaract clubs to participate in a service project or other activity focused on peace.
- In addition to the above challenge, your club must complete four out of the eight highlighted activities between July 1, 2012 and March 31, 2013:
- Meet at least twice each month.
- Ensure that each club member is assigned a specific role, either as a club leader or as a member of a committee or project team.
- Participate in at least one local project that serves the community.
- Collaborate with a Rotaract club in another country on an international service effort.
- Participate in a project or fundraiser to support one of Rotary’s areas of focus.
- Use social networking to increase awareness of Rotary and Rotaract among young adults in the community.
- Participate in professional development activities that enhance club members’ ability to compete in the job market.
- Organize a discussion or workshop on ethical business practices and professional standards that involves Rotarians, Rotaractors, young professionals, and business leaders as speakers, facilitators, and attendees.
- Once you have completed four out of the eight items above, immediately give the filled out application (you fill it out) to your sponsoring Rotary Club's President to sign.
- The sponsoring Rotary Club president should then immediately forward it to the Rotary District Governor to submit to RI. (DO NOT SUBMIT DIRECTLY TO RI. RI WILL NOT ACCEPT IT!)
- Make sure you follow up with all parties (both the president and district governor) to make sure they have sent it along! Must be received by Rotary District Governor by March 31, 2013. District Governor must report no later than April 15, 2013!
- Wait for your club's citation to be received! :)